Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

My January To-Be-Read List + Upcoming Releases + 2015 Goals


Because I have too many blogs to keep up with...I've decided to share my TBR, Upcoming Releases, and reading progress here on Teacher's Pet because I love to read and a lot of what I read is middle grade or YA and as I am working towards becoming a middle school teacher, it's relevant :) Many of the 8th graders during my in-class observations were reading books I've read or want to read and I wanted to sit down with them and just talk books. Of course, I'm sure my host teacher wouldn't have necessarily appreciated that during class, so I didn't! I'm pretty active on Goodreads, so please feel free to add me there and say you found me via my blog!

My new goal for 2015 is similar to last year, but different too. I am setting my yearly Goodreads challenge for 52 books - that's one a week. That is my goal this year: to finish one book a week. My monthly goals will be to read 2 books off my 2014 monthly TBR, 1 book of my choosing from my massive TBR shelf, and 1 series book. I will have a newborn soon (in Feb!?!) and then in the fall, I will be doing my student teaching, so I will definitely have a crazy year ahead. I'm not sure which will be worse for my reading progress: lack of sleep and a newborn or a very busy full day practice teaching gig.

Possible January Reads: 
  • 1984 by George Orwell 
  • Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter [new series] - 1/15
  • The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey [new series] - 1/11
  • Graceling by Kristin Cashore [new series]
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  • The King by J.R. Ward


Vivian Apple at the End of the World (Vivian Apple, #1)Never NeverFrostfire (Kanin Chronicles, #1)All the Bright PlacesAlistair Grim's Odditorium (Odditorium, #1)All Fall Down (Embassy Row #1)The Empty Throne (Heirs of Chrior, #2)The Darkest Part of the ForestThe Magician's LieEnsnared (Splintered, #3)

But before I go completely...some questions for you all: What books are y'all reading this month? Any releases you are stoked for? What are your 2015 reading goals? Any books I need to have on my radar?

No comments: